Also, please scroll to the bottom of this article to see the latest tweets from Ryan Fowler (@FOXSportsFowler), D.J. Foster (@FOXSportsFoster), Adam Meyer (@FOXSportsMeyer) and me (@jhalpin37). That way, if information surfaces for any last minute changes, you can see our thoughts instantly.
Let’s get to today’s interesting facts, using DraftKings prices for the 15 night games. Please note that much of the information in this post is being published several hours prior to game times, so check MLB lineups later to confirm that any recommended players are included.
5 Things to Watch:
1. In case you were wondering, Kris Bryant’s three-homer, two-double performance on Monday accounted for 60 DraftKings points. Bryant’s salary is $5,000 tonight for his matchup with Reds’ lefty John Lamb, who has a 4.78 ERA with eight homers allowed in 52 2/3 innings.
2. Nationals SP Lucas Giolito ($6,400) makes his MLB debut tonight against Matt Harvey and the Mets. The 21-year-old is regarded as one of baseball’s elite pitching prospects and his K rate has increased lately, but his 3.17 ERA at Double A this season has been accompanied by too many walks (34 BB in 71 IP). You can grab Giolito in season-long leagues, but he’s not a recommended DK option tonight (I’d rather pay an extra $1K for Julio Urias, for example). Rain is in the D.C. evening forecast, too.
3. Players whose statuses are iffy for Tuesday are Rays OF Chris Dickerson (thumb), Dodgers 3B Justin Turner (leg cramp) and Pirates OF Gregory Polanco (leg).
4. Jon Lester ($11,700) and the Cubs are the night’s biggest favorites at -270, with Zack Greinke and the D-backs not far behind at -220. Aside from Jays-Rockies at Coors (12.5), the highest projected run total is Marlins-Tigers at 9.5.
5. Yo, BvPers: Dodgers C Yasmani Grandal ($3,500) has three homers in 11 at bats vs. Chase Anderson … David Ortiz ($5,100) is 11-for-29 with a couple of homers vs. Chris Archer … Giancarlo Stanton ($4,800) is nine-for-19 with two homers vs. Mike Pelfrey … Bryce Harper ($4,700) is just one-for-24 vs. Matt Harvey.
Adam Meyer’s daily fantasy baseball suggestions…
Plenty of offense was provided on Monday from our post. Carlos Gonzalez was the must-start. He hit a three-run homer. Edwin Encarnacion hit two home runs. Devin Travis and Rougned Odor homered. Finally, Ian Desmond went yard. All were suggested yesterday.
Must-Start of the day: Adam Jones, BAL
As you will read below, I’m a fan of the Baltimore bats this evening. If you are intimidated by the large ballpark, don’t be. Jones isn’t. He is 11-20 (.550 AVG) with two home runs at Petco Park.
Deal of the day: Ubaldo Jimenez, BAL
He’s only $4,800 on DK! Jimenez, literally, JUST faced the Padres. On June 22nd this was his stat line: 6 IP, 2 ER, and 7 Ks in the win. He gets them again tonight at pitcher-friendly Petco Park.
Avoid of the day: Bryce Harper, WAS
He is 1-24 (.042) with seven strikeouts in his career against Matt Harvey.
Stack of the day: Baltimore Orioles
I’m trying to branch out from the TOR/COL game. Erik Johnson is on the hill for the Padres. He’s allowed at least five earned runs in four-consecutive starts. On June 22nd, Johnson faced these same Orioles: 4 IP, 6 ER, and 2 HR. In the month of June, Johnson has a 9.82 ERA in 14.2 innings of work. Right-handed hitters are batting .415 against him this season. That gives the nod to Manny Machado, Mark Trumbo, Adam Jones, and Joey Rickard, just to name a few endorsements.
Corey Kluber, CLE – This season, the Klubot hasn’t followed complete games well. However, he gets the Braves tonight. Also, in June, Kluber is 3-1 with a 2.17 ERA this year.
Zack Greinke, ARI – The Diamondbacks have won in the past eight games in which Greinke started. He even faced the Phillies on June 18th: 8 IP, 1 ER, and 6 Ks.
Jon Lester, CHC – He’s struck out at least seven batters in six-straight starts. Lester has faced the Reds twice this season: 13 IP, 4 ER, 9 Ks, and a 2.77 ERA. He is also 5-1 with a 1.83 ERA on the road in 2016.
Ubaldo Jimenez, BAL – “Deal of the day”
Julio Urias, LAD – He’s registered at least six strikeouts in four-consecutive appearances. On June 17th, Urias faced the Brewers: 5 IP, 0 ER, and 8 Ks.
Matt Wieters, BAL – (See “Stack of the day”)
David Ross, CHC – He has a .382 ISO against lefties in 2016.
James McCann, DET – He has a .283 ISO against lefties this year.
Victor Martinez, DET – He has a .212 ISO and .415 wOBA against lefties this season.
Justin Bour, MIA – He has a .285 ISO against righties this season.
Chris Davis, BAL – (See “Stack of the day”)
Edwin Encarnacion, TOR – He has a .250 ISO against righties in 2016.
Anthony Rizzo, CHC – He has a .241 ISO against lefties this year.
Dae-Ho Lee, SEA – He has a .241 ISO against southpaws this season.
Devon Travis, TOR – He has a .338 ISO against righties this year.
Ian Kinsler, DET – He has a .205 ISO and a .406 wOBA against southpaws in 2016.
DJ LeMahieu, COL – He has a .215 ISO against lefties this year.
Josh Donaldson, TOR – He has a .290 ISO against righties this season.
Kris Bryant, CHC – He has a .321 ISO against lefties in 2016.
Nolan Arenado, COL – He has a .284 ISO and a .423 wOBA against lefties this season.
Manny Machado, BAL – (See “Stack of the day”)
Jake Lamb, ARI – He has a .292 ISO against righties this season.
Troy Tulowitzki, TOR – He has a .262 ISO against righties this year.
Trevor Story, COL – He has a .235 ISO against lefties in 2016.
Corey Seager, LAD – He has a .231 ISO against righties this season.
Javy Baez, CHC – He has a .222 ISO and a .426 wOBA against lefties this year.
Nelson Cruz, SEA – He has a .376 ISO and .437 wOBA against lefties this season.
Mark Trumbo, BAL – (See “Stack of the day”)
Carlos Gonzalez, COL – He has a .253 ISO against lefties this year.
Joc Pederson, LAD – He has a .255 ISO against righties this season.
Michael Saunders, TOR – He has a .242 ISO against righties in 2016.
Franklin Gutierrez, SEA – He has a .275 ISO and a .407 wOBA against lefties this year.
Ryan Raburn, COL – He has a .241 ISO against lefties this season.
Adam Jones, BAL – (See “Stack of the day”)
Trayce Thompson, LAD – He has a .226 ISO against righties this year.
Giancarlo Stanton, MIA – He has a .196 ISO against right-handed pitchers in 2016.
Joey Rickard, BAL – (See “Stack of the day”)
Michael Bourn, ARI – He only has a .138 ISO, but a .302 wOBA against righties this season.