Daily Fantasy Baseball Lineup: Hitter matchups, sleepers, advice for Sept. 25 – SportingNews.com
Not sure whom to buy today in daily fantasy baseball or whom to sit in your season-long fantasy leagues? Let us help set your daily fantasy baseball lineups with today’s most important splits and batter vs. pitcher stats.
For more daily fantasy baseball advice and sleeper picks, check out our starting pitcher rankings and the DFS MLB Playbook from our partners at FantasyAlarm.com every morning. You can also get pregame lineups with BvP stats at Fantasy Alarm. Meanwhile, here are our picks for hitters to buy and sell in today’s key matchups.
Daily fantasy baseball hitter matchups
– Chris Young (.970 OPS) and Alex Rodriguez (.962) have crushed lefties this year, so get them in your lineups against Carlos Rodon. First basemen Greg Bird (.873) also has nice numbers against southpaws in limited at-bats, making him a sneaky reverse-platoon play if he’s in the Yankees’ lineup.
– Rubby De La Rosa has wildly different splits against righties (.206/.260/.343) and lefties (.312/.378/.569). Good news for Corey Spangenberg, Travis Jankowski, and Brett Wallace (if they play); bad news for every other Padres hitter.
Editor’s note: The Sporting News Football Championship is here! Hosted by FanDuel, this exclusive event will feature 10 weeks of qualifiers, culminating in a FREE Week 11 Final with $20,000 in prizes. Sign up now!
– Even against Jon Lester, getting at least one of Andrew McCutchen (.970 OPS vs. LHP this year), Michael Morse (.918), and Francisco Cervelli (.915) is a good idea.
– Trayce Thompson (1.028 OPS vs. LHP this season) and Geovany Soto (.853 career OPS vs. LHP) make for nice sleepers against CC Sabathia, but don’t bank on much from Melky Cabrera (.617).
– It’s a very small sample size, but lefties have teed off on Jerad Eickhoff in his brief career (.277/.356/.547). Give Bryce Harper and Clint Robinson bumps in value.
– Jake Odorizzi has been particularly solid against lefties this year (.224/.264/.360). Don’t overpay for Ben Revere or Justin Smoak.
– Aaron Hicks (.904 OPS) and Miguel Sano (.889) are killing lefties this season, and Brian Dozier (.829) has knocked them around in his career. They all make for nice plays against Matt Boyd.
– Chris Davis (.836 OPS vs. LHP this year) and Nolan Reimold (.810) are solid options against Rich Hill, but don’t expect much from Jonathan Schoop (.579).
– David Hale has been hit hard almost equally by righties and lefties at home (.313/.353/.533), so load up on Dodgers today.
– With Scott Kazmir on the mound against the Rangers, Mike Napoli (.948 OPS vs. LHP this year) will be in the lineup and makes for an excellent option. Adrian Beltre (.869) also makes for a solid play.