DiBenedetto joins Go Fas Racing for 2017 season – Nascar

Go Fas Racing announced Thursday that Matt DiBenedetto will drive its No. 32 Ford full-time in NASCAR’s premier series in 2017.

 

DiBenedetto joins the Archie St. Hilaire-owned team after two seasons with BK Racing. The 25-year-old California native parted ways with BK team owner Ron Devine last week, one day before teammate David Ragan followed suit.

 

“We have a great group of people that I am very excited to work with this season,” DiBenedetto said in a release provided by the team. “I am thankful for the opportunity and I look forward to representing the team and sponsors to the best of my ability.”

 

The move positions Go Fas Racing to have one driver for all 36 points-paying races for the first time since it joined NASCAR’s premier series full-time in 2014. A total of eight drivers piloted Go Fas’ No. 32 last season, with Jeffrey Earnhardt entering the majority of the races — 19. Joey Gase (six races), Bobby Labonte (4), Jeb Burton (2), Patrick Carpentier (2), Dylan Lupton, Eddie MacDonald and Boris Said (one each) were Go Fas’ other drivers.

 

The team indicated that Can-Am/Kappa, Keen Parts and Visone RV would return as sponsors with more partnerships yet to be announced. St. Hilaire also mentioned his hopes that “a fleet of newer race equipment purchased this offseason” would boost the team’s performance next year.

 

DiBenedetto has finished 35th in the final standings the last two seasons in NASCAR’s top division. He scored an emotional career-best finish of sixth place last April at Bristol Motor Speedway.

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

You must be logged in to post a comment.