Well 2016 was certainly eventful, wasn’t it? And that’s just in sport. Elsewhere it was, well… interesting.
But as you get ready to – perhaps happily – take the old calendars down and replace them with new ones, just what have you got to look forward to in the New Year?
Well from a purely sporting perspective, lots.
And if you just can’t wait to get stuck into all of the sporting goodness that 2017 has to to offer, we’ve got in there first and told you EXACTLY what’s going to happen.
Think of this as your sporting bingo card.
1. Watford will end the year with a completely different team to the one which starts it
2. Life will be found on Mars, and Manchester United will become the first football club to launch a commercial partnership with it
3. After winning Gold at the World Athletics Championships at the London Stadium, Usain Bolt will sign for West Ham, who will be desperate to sign anyone who wins there
4. Ronald Koeman will have a blue Christmas tree
5. Cristiano Ronaldo will continue being weird on Instagram
6. England manager Gareth Southgate won’t be involved in anything which is even slightly controversial
7. Alexis Sanchez’s dogs will appear on Celebrity Big Brother
8. A Leicester City fan will invent a time machine
9. After their fight, David Haye and Tony Bellew will launch a double act and travel the country giving press conferences
10. Antonio Conte will shout so loud that he’ll become the subject of a noise complaint from residents of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
11. Pep Guardiola’s touchline outfits will get increasingly casual, until he rocks up for a game in shorts and a string vest
12. Warren Gatland will try and call up Eddie Jones for the British Lions’ tour of New Zealand
13. Zlatan Ibrahimovic will sign a new contract at Manchester United, but only on the basis that he gets a statue outside Old Trafford and Wythenshawe is renamed ‘Zlatanshire’
14. Andy Murray will win all of the Grand Slams, but his greatest achievement will be finally killing off that awful ‘British if he wins, Scottish if he loses’ joke
15. Jurgen Klopp’s glasses will get their own chat show
16. England will go through another 27 opening partners for Alastair Cook before the Ashes in November
17. Jose Mourinho will rack up so many touchline bans that they’ll start reserving a seat for him in the Old Trafford directors’ box
18. Arsenal won’t bid for Jamie Vardy
19. England’s women will face Iceland at the Euro 2017 finals – and do better than the men did
20. Anthony Joshua and Wladimir Klitschko will continue being so nice to one another that it freaks everyone out a bit
21. Every single opposition manager will use the phrase “we’re treating it like a cup final” when facing Spurs away at Wembley in the 2017/18 season
22. ‘Mesut Ozil’ will continue to tweet suspiciously quickly and professionally after each successful Arsenal match. Arsenal fans will continue to think it’s really him.
23. Every Nathaniel Clyne performance for Liverpool and England will be a solid 7/10
24. Conor McGregor will feature in approximately 94% of the new memes you see on social media
25. Diego Costa’s complete transformation from bad boy into nice guy will culminate in him winning the Nobel Peace Prize